If you’re not looking for the instant curb appeal provided by a sod lawn, hydroseed is an excellent choice for cultivating a rich California landscape. Hydroseed grows faster and thicker grass than traditionally seeded lawns, giving homeowners in El Dorado Hills healthier lawns and better erosion control. If you’re ready to cultivate a rich new landscape, here’s everything you need to know about hydroseeding your lawn.
Sod vs Hydroseeding
Sod and hydroseed are both excellent ways to grow a healthy California lawn. Bell grows and delivers the highest quality sod at the lowest possible price. Our sod comes in thick rolls, making installation easier and more efficient. We spray our hydroseed – a mixture of water, mulch, seed, and tackifier – evenly across the soil with a large hose. The surface is then covered with a protective bed of mulch to encourage faster seed germination. While there are benefits to both sod and hydroseed lawns, many homeowners choose hydroseed because:
- Hydroseed has a lower initial cost than sod
- Homeowners don’t need to worry about supplementing soil for the lawn to establish
- Improperly installed sod lawns may have gaps, lines, or dead patches
Preparing the Lawn for Hydroseed
When applying hydroseed to your lawn, it’s crucial to prepare appropriately. To prepare your yard for hydroseed:
- Remove grass, weeds, and other vegetation
- Remove surface debris like rocks, sticks, and dead plants
- Till the soil to break up compacted earth and create a soft, smooth growing surface
Ready for a fresh, healthy lawn? Call Bell Sod and Hydroseed today!