Are you ready for a breath of fresh air? For the bright colors and sunny days of spring? Prepare your landscape for a bright new season with these lawn care tips from Bell Sod and Hydroseed.
At Bell Sod and Hydroseed, we install high quality turfgrass. Our preferred sod varieties have selective weedkiller options that will eliminate weeds without harming your lawn. Pre-emergent weed control eradicates invasive plants before they infest your lawn. These herbicides target seeds before they germinate, killing weeds before they take root. Most landscapers apply pre-emergents in early March, although homeowners who monitor when weeds sprout in their yards may adjust the schedule. Apply pre-emergents to Sacramento lawns several weeks before weeds typically appear.
Prepare the Ground for Sod
It’s still too cold to install fresh sod, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get ahead of the lawn care game. Guarantee a great spring by preparing your winter lawn for sod.
- Remove large items like rocks, organic debris, and lawn furniture
- Dig out any spots in your yard that may be contaminated by gas or chemicals
- Kill any existing grass with Roundup
- Break up heavy soil
- Install new sprinklers to replace an irrigation system with worn or cracked pipes
- Rototill the soil
- Add topsoil
- Roll the soil
- Fertilize as necessary
- Call Bell Sod and Hydroseed to reserve your spring sod
Are you ready to transform your lawn for spring? Call Bell Sod and Hydroseed for quality Sacramento sod at the best possible price.