Living in the Sacramento area has meant that our eyes are on the sky as we watch and wait for the rain to come. With the end of the drought upon us, people are beginning to get their lawns back. The City of Sacramento is still encouraging water conservation through a watering schedule, but things are certainly looking up.
Now is the perfect time to look into bringing back your lawn. Gone are the days of looking out your window and seeing those brown patches. At Bell’s Sod and Hydroseed, we’re happy to deliver any amount of sod. This means that you may order sod to simply fill in patches, or to refresh your entire lawn.
If you are on the fence, and not really sure if you’re ready to make the commitment to bringing back that lush green grass, check out the ecological benefits of turfgrass that we’ve pointed out before:
- Erosion control during the rainy season
- Filtering of precipitation
- Reduction of storm runoff
- Natural cooling of homes and businesses which limits energy waste
- Lowers impact of future droughts through the production of more oxygen. This helps to suppress dust, filter pollution, and provide a fire barrier.
Bringing Back the Landscape and Conserving Water
As a result of the drought, many now have an increased awareness of water consumption. Bringing back your lawn doesn’t mean that you no longer need to work toward water conservation. Follow the suggested watering schedule from the local authorities, and remember that healthy grass can survive long periods of dormancy. Now is the time to bring back your landscape and establish a healthy lawn while water is available. Should we face dry times again, here are some things you can do to help your sod survive:
- Follow the watering schedule and water slowly and deeply
- Avoid fertilizing; slow growth is better when water is scarce
- Mow less frequently to reduce the moisture loss that takes place when grass is cut
Contact us today and find out more about caring for your sod or bringing back your lawn.